Earl of Somerset
The ‘Earl of Somerset’ located in the Castle on the second floor is a richly furnished room with a four poster on a raised level and a quirky turret bathroom!
This room has full en-suite facilities, flat screen TV, radio, direct-dial telephone, complimentary wireless internet, trouser press, tea and coffee making facilities, hospitality tray and hairdryer.
The history behind the name…
In 1400 the wealth and land belonging to the Lumley family was given to the Earl of Somerset until his death in 1421.